phpBB2Refugees.com Logo
Not affiliated with or endorsed by the phpBB Group

Register •  Login 

Continue the legacy...

Welcome to all phpBB2 Refugees!Wave Smilie

This site is intended to continue support for the legacy 2.x line of the phpBB2 bulletin board package. If you are a fan of phpBB2, please, by all means register, post, and help us out by offering your suggestions. We are primarily a community and support network. Our secondary goal is to provide a phpBB2 MOD Author and Styles area.

Don't prune me bro!

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Search this topic... | Search Off Topic... | Search Box
Register or Login to Post    Index » Off Topic  Previous TopicPrint TopicNext Topic
Random American
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:28 pm 
Post subject: Don't prune me bro!

Dumb title, I know.

In all seriousness, how is everybody doing?
Vendethiel
Board Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:06 am 
Post subject: Re: Don't prune me bro!

o/
JLA
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:46 pm 

Random American wrote:
Dumb title, I know.

Going well here. Hope everyone is staying safe from Covid
Jim_UK
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:30 am 

I'm due to go into Hospital in the next few weeks to have a full knee joint replacement and the hospital is in the area rated as the second highest infection rate in the UK. I had got to the top of the waiting list and was due to have my op anytime back in March and then Covid-19 arrived and all elective operations were cancelled.
They have that many cancelled ops (all types) that they are having to restart doing them. I am just waiting for the date at which point I have to stay indoors and have no visitors up to the op plus two weeks afterwards to self isolate again. Not quite sure how I will cope on crutches living alone with no downstairs toilet icon_rolleyes.gif .
The infection rate nationally had been falling but as soon as they relaxed the rules and pubs/bars reopened it started to rise again. Schools have reopened further leading to another rise. I see no end to this and suspect that even if it subsides it may be with us forever with mutated strains just like influenza (itself a Covid virus)

Jim
JLA
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:10 pm 

Jim_UK wrote:
I'm due to go into Hospital in the next few weeks to have a full knee joint replacement and the hospital is in the area rated as the second highest infection rate in the UK. I had got to the top of the waiting list and was due to have my op anytime back in March and then Covid-19 arrived and all elective operations were cancelled.
They have that many cancelled ops (all types) that they are having to restart doing them. I am just waiting for the date at which point I have to stay indoors and have no visitors up to the op plus two weeks afterwards to self isolate again. Not quite sure how I will cope on crutches living alone with no downstairs toilet icon_rolleyes.gif .
The infection rate nationally had been falling but as soon as they relaxed the rules and pubs/bars reopened it started to rise again. Schools have reopened further leading to another rise. I see no end to this and suspect that even if it subsides it may be with us forever with mutated strains just like influenza (itself a Covid virus)

Jim

Jim - best of luck with your hospital stay. Do hope all goes well.
Jim_UK
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:19 pm 

Thanks for the best wishes.

Stay safe everyone.
Jim
Random American
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 1:19 am 

Jim_UK wrote:

Jim

I wish you luck with your hospital visit. You have my sympathy.

JLA wrote:
Random American wrote:
Dumb title, I know.

Good to hear. I on the other hand got sick two days ago and I had to get a Covid-19 test today. Now I'm awaiting the results.
JLA
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:03 pm 

Random American wrote:
Jim_UK wrote:

Jim

I wish you luck with your hospital visit. You have my sympathy.

JLA wrote:
Random American wrote:
Dumb title, I know.

Good to hear. I on the other hand got sick two days ago and I had to get a Covid-19 test today. Now I'm awaiting the results.

Hope it comes back negative!
Random American
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:06 pm 

JLA wrote:

Thank you. I just got it back, I'm glad it's negative.
JLA
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:07 pm 

Random American wrote:
JLA wrote:

Thank you. I just got it back, I'm glad it's negative.

Great news! Congrats!
Random American
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:11 pm 

Thanks again!
Random American
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2020 11:28 pm 

I guess this title helped save this topic lol.
Jim_UK
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 7:59 am 

Very likely.

Jim
Ultimos Homo Statans
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:03 pm 

What is the reason for pruning the forum? icon_confused.gif
Jim_UK
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:43 pm 

It wasn't pruned! Sometimes spammers make a test post to see if it has to be approved prior to it being shown. If the post goes straight on then sometimes this is followed by a spam bot that will make dozens of spam posts. If a post appears from a newly registered user and it is not one relating to phpBB2 then that also raises suspicions. Here is an example:-
"Yes I think that is a good idea" or "I have found that as well".
When the original post appeared I immediately checked to see if the IP was one known to be used by a spammer. It wasn't so I gave benefit of doubt and watched to see what follow up post would be made and as requested "Did not prune it".

Jim
Register or Login to Post    Index » Off Topic  Previous TopicPrint TopicNext Topic
Page 1 of 2 All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Jump to:  

Index • About • FAQ • Rules • Privacy • Search •  Register •  Login 
Not affiliated with or endorsed by the phpBB Group