phpBB2Refugees.com Logo
Not affiliated with or endorsed by the phpBB Group

Register •  Login 

Continue the legacy...

Welcome to all phpBB2 Refugees!Wave Smilie

This site is intended to continue support for the legacy 2.x line of the phpBB2 bulletin board package. If you are a fan of phpBB2, please, by all means register, post, and help us out by offering your suggestions. We are primarily a community and support network. Our secondary goal is to provide a phpBB2 MOD Author and Styles area.

Can't View PM Boxes (SQL Error : 1264 Out of range value...)

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Search this topic... | Search General Support... | Search Box
Register or Login to Post    Index » General Support  Previous TopicPrint TopicNext Topic
Chapter 24
Board Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:41 am 
Post subject: Re: Can't View PM Boxes (SQL Error : 1264 Out of range value

Thanks for that. It looks like it reset the counters alright, but unfortunately, that member still has the two messages stuck in her outbox icon_sad.gif

Any other ideas?

EDIT: Wait, should I have deleted the messages like I mentioned in my prior post and then reset the counters with the SQL query? I only executed the SQL query and nothing more.
Chapter 24
Board Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:29 am 

Hello again, I'm wondering how I can safely fix or eliminate the two "stuck" private messages.

The sender canot open or delete them from her outbox, and the recipient cannot open or delete them from her inbox.

I just heard back from the recipient, and she is getting the following error message:

Code:

Could not update private message read status for user

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1690 BIGINT UNSIGNED value is out of range in '(`l****e_LNForum`.`l****e_users`.`user_unread_privmsg` - 1)'

UPDATE l****e_users SET user_unread_privmsg = user_unread_privmsg - 1 WHERE user_id = 3

Line : 275
File : privmsg.php

...and the sender is getting this slightly different error message:

Code:
Could not update user pm counters

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1690 BIGINT UNSIGNED value is out of range in '(`l****e_LNForum`.`l****e_users`.`user_unread_privmsg` - 1)'

UPDATE l****e_users SET user_unread_privmsg = user_unread_privmsg - 1 WHERE user_id IN (3)

Line : 839
File : privmsg.php

Any ideas?
Thanks.
StarWolf3000
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:07 pm 

Just do again what I said earlier:
1) Disable PM system.
2) Run the query.
3) Enable PM system.

They shouldn't be stuck after this (since they're marked as not-new/read now). If they're still stuck, delete them from the database and rerun the query. If it happens again with newly sent messages, then something seems to be really strange with your installation.
Chapter 24
Board Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:11 am 

Thank you for the reply.

I ran the query again on Thursday night and then asked the two members with the stuck messages if there was any change to the messages. There was not. The messages were still stuck.

Then I wanted to wait until I had a free evening to delete the messages in case something strange happened and I would need time to make things right again.
A day later, before I had a chance to do the deletions, I was informed that the messages now had been able to be opened, read and deleted by the recipient.
Great, except there is still a problem...

Starting just before those first two messages became "unstuck," that recipient (I'll call her "user 3") was now unable to open new PMs I was sending her. I can still open and read them in my outbox, but she can't open them in her inbox. She sent me a test message this evening and I could open that just fine. I replied to the test message, and she was able to read that and reply back again.

Looking at the privmsgs table in phpMyAdmin, I can see that the stuck messages are always shown as being privmsgs_type 5, which seems unusual and I can't find anywhere (searching the internet) exactly what the number 5 designation means. I can figure out what 0, 1, 2, and 3 must mean, but not 5, except that it seems to be only messages that are stuck in an outbox and are un-openable are fives.

I tried manually editing the 5 and made it a 1, but when I checked back later (after user 3 had been back to the forum) it was a 5 again and she had still not been able to open the message(s).

EDIT: Some new messages I sent user 3 could be opened by her and some couldn't. Also, an older, previously stuck one was somehow now able to be opened and replied to by her.

I tried deleting the un-openable ones from my outbox and got an error message. I then ran the first SQL query given on page 1 of this thread (the one targeting individual user IDs) and that fixed the error message and I could then delete the unopenable/stuck messages. Hopefully, the newer messages that I left in the outbox and all future ones will be able to be opened OK by user 3 when she comes back and tries.
StarWolf3000
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:45 am 

Private messages of type 5 are declared as "unread", according to ./includes/constants.php.
Chapter 24
Board Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:51 am 

Ah, OK, thanks!
Register or Login to Post    Index » General Support  Previous TopicPrint TopicNext Topic
Page 2 of 2 All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Jump to:  

Index • About • FAQ • Rules • Privacy • Search •  Register •  Login 
Not affiliated with or endorsed by the phpBB Group