phpBB2Refugees.com Logo
Not affiliated with or endorsed by the phpBB Group

Register •  Login 

Continue the legacy...

Welcome to all phpBB2 Refugees!Wave Smilie

This site is intended to continue support for the legacy 2.x line of the phpBB2 bulletin board package. If you are a fan of phpBB2, please, by all means register, post, and help us out by offering your suggestions. We are primarily a community and support network. Our secondary goal is to provide a phpBB2 MOD Author and Styles area.

Archive of phpBB 2 MODs (now with download)
1 members found this topic helpful
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Search this topic... | Search phpBB2 Discussion... | Search Box
Register or Login to Post    Index » phpBB2 Discussion  Previous TopicPrint TopicNext Topic
Dog Cow
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:22 pm 
Post subject: Archive of phpBB 2 MODs (now with download)

I searched my hard drive this weekend and made aliases of all the MODs I've downloaded over the years. Now, while I expected to have around 200 or so total, I actually have roughly 430 MODs on my Mac. icon_eek.gif Some of these are older versions, and some are the same MOD, though one is a newer, and the other is an older version. But overall, I'd say I have about 400 unique phpBB 2 MODs.

In any case, I plan on packaging all of these (with a catalog, of course) into a big file for archival purposes.

I'm also going to see about downloading every phpBB 2 MOD from phpbb.com (and probably phpbbhacks.com as well) and archiving those in a similar matter just to make sure I've got every MOD ever released.

Currently, 878 files have been downloaded from phpbb.com.
There seems to be only about 930 or so phpBB 2 MODs at phpbb.com, so I think I have the majority of them.

Disclaimer: there are a few very new MODs (such as ones written around the time of phpBB 2.0.22 and newer, or having an ID > 3000 ) which have not been included.

Currently, 4,228 files have been downloaded from phpbbhacks.com, which is every file hosted there as of 17 Feb 09.

Main Download
Click here to download
This is an archive of 878 phpBB 2 MODs validated in phpbb.com's database. This archive is 14.21 MB in file size.

Mirrors
Provided by drathbun and phpBB2Refguees, this is a duplicate of the main download
Click here to download

Donated by Forum Nut
Click here for Download

ADR MODs
Here is an archive of MODs to the ADR system for phpBB 2.0.x:
ADR MODs - 16 Oct 09 - 64.6 MB
For more details, see here.

phpBB Hacks MODs and Styles
As stated above, this is an archive of every phpBB file hosted on phpBB Hacks up to 17 Feb 09.
Click here to download - 485.4 MB
Holger
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:39 am 
Post subject: Re: Archive of phpBB 2 MODs

I dont think it is a good idea making a redundant archive of the content of phpbbhacks.com
After all some of the mods are still updated then and when ...
Sylver Cheetah 53
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:07 am 

I have find an arhive with 243 MODs on a forum, but I don't seem to find it again, right now. icon_confused.gif I've kept some of those MODs, but the majority was deleted. If I'll find that archvie again, I'll put it here, maybe you find something interesting. icon_wink.gif

phpBB2 forever! icon_smile.gif
Dog Cow
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:51 pm 

Update: I wrote a script to automatically download MODs from phpBB 2's MOD database about an hour ago. So far, I've got 489 MODs and counting. icon_smile.gif

.... 500 +
Sylver Cheetah 53
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:23 pm 

Great news, Dog Cow. icon_wink.gif

phpBB2 forever! icon_smile.gif
Dog Cow
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:33 pm 

Thank you. These MODs are quite small. 878 files are only using 17 MB of disk space.
drathbun
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:36 pm 

Any possibility of doing something similar for styles?
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:36 pm 

Yes, and please check your PMs at phpbb.com. I've sent you some.
drathbun
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:38 pm 

It will probably be tomorrow before I get a chance to check in over there, but thanks.
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:40 pm 

drathbun wrote:
It will probably be tomorrow before I get a chance to check in over there, but thanks.

What's this? Got a one-day ban and you have to wait it out? icon_razz.gif

Anyway, it looks like the styles db uses a similar URL structure, so it should be easy to modify the script for it.
drathbun
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:43 pm 

no icon_razz.gif I have a friend who has a board that has been under attack and the hacker wiped it out again last night. I need to figure out how the hacker is gaining access to the box.
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:44 pm 

Dog Cow wrote:
Update: I wrote a script to automatically download MODs from phpBB 2's MOD database about an hour ago. So far, I've got 489 MODs and counting. icon_smile.gif

.... 500 +

Fantastic. I had started downloading mods one at a time but it is obviously very time consuming and I gave up at 182. You can imagine how long it took to download those.
Come to think of it I have a bit of software that copies complete sites including dynamic ones such as phpBB boards so I might have been able to just enter the url for start of the mods database.

Stop Press
phpbb.com server brought down by individuals mass attacking the version 2 database. icon_lol.gif

Jim
Dog Cow
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:47 pm 

There's a black hole starting at MOD ID 1897 and proceeds as far as 2000. This is strange. And it doesn't help that phpbb.com is loading slowly to begin with. I think I've reached the end of the phpBB 2 MODs. icon_neutral.gif

Jim_UK wrote:

Come to think of it I have a bit of software that copies complete sites including dynamic ones such as phpBB boards so I might have been able to just enter the url for start of the mods database.

That's originally what I did, but the software wasn't very clever. phpBB sends the MOD files as attachments, and then specifies a human readable filename. With the site-copier I originally used, it wasn't using that provided name, which made it pretty much worthless-- I'd have to see what each MOD was and give it a name.

With this script I wrote, it first gets the HTTP response headers, which includes the human-readable file name, then proceeds to download the MOD.
lumpy burgertushie
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:49 am 

Jim_UK wrote:
Dog Cow wrote:

.... 500 +

Fantastic. I had started downloading mods one at a time but it is obviously very time consuming and I gave up at 182. You can imagine how long it took to download those.

Stop Press
phpbb.com server brought down by individuals mass attacking the version 2 database. icon_lol.gif

Jim

hey Jim, what software do you use for this?

I was using httrack to get all of my PMs at phpbb.com but I can't seem to get it to work anymore for phpbb.com or other php sites.

robert
Jim_UK
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:49 am 
Post subject: Re: Archive of phpBB 2 MODs (now with download)

That is the one Robert. I have used it on a few sites for testing and it works great even on BB's as you will know. I tried last night on phpbb.com inserting the url of the mods database and it was having none of it. There was an error message and I should have noted it down but failed to do so. It certainly would not let it in and errored out instantly.

Jim
Register or Login to Post    Index » phpBB2 Discussion  Previous TopicPrint TopicNext Topic
Page 1 of 5 All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Jump to:  

Index • About • FAQ • Rules • Privacy • Search •  Register •  Login 
Not affiliated with or endorsed by the phpBB Group