phpBB2Refugees.com Logo
Not affiliated with or endorsed by the phpBB Group

Register •  Login 

Continue the legacy...

Welcome to all phpBB2 Refugees!Wave Smilie

This site is intended to continue support for the legacy 2.x line of the phpBB2 bulletin board package. If you are a fan of phpBB2, please, by all means register, post, and help us out by offering your suggestions. We are primarily a community and support network. Our secondary goal is to provide a phpBB2 MOD Author and Styles area.

[OT] Where's the "donation" button?

Search this topic... | Search Just Getting Started... | Search Box
Register or Login to Post    Index » Just Getting Started  Previous TopicPrint TopicNext Topic
Mr. Sharkey
Board Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:02 am 
Post subject: [OT] Where's the "donation" button?

New user, totally off-topic post for this particular forum, but I wanted to put it somewhere it would get seen.

As the admin for a heavily-modded phpBB2 forum, I was tasked by the owner (a non-profit) to make it PHP7 compliant, at the insistence of their host. I told them that I didn't think it was possible to do this, but did a quick Gooble search anyway, and this site came up.

Using the files and instructions provided here, I got the site migrated to PHP7.4 with very few problems. The site owner is relieved to be off the hook, and the host isn't going to be charging them an additional $5/month for keeping PHP5.6 running.

So, THANK YOU phpBB2 Refugees.

What I want to know is how to show my gratitude with some U.S. Dollars. I don't see any way to send in a modest donation to help keep this site running. Anyone know how to feed some bills into my monitor? (and no, I think I'll recognize any wise-crack suggestions that don't actually involve phpBB2refugees.com being the recipient.)

And BTW, hello to Lumpy Burgertushie, if anyone sees him around. The two of us used to double-team trouble makers over at the phpBB.com support forums back in the olden days. icon_mrgreen.gif
Jim_UK
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:52 pm 
Post subject: Re: [OT] Where's the "donation" button?

There is no donate button. We have to thank Dave Rathbun for providing the hosting of this site.
Lumpy (Robert) does post from time to time. Quite a few ex team members are members on here including Drathbun and myself who were on the moderator team.

Jim

drathbun
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:07 pm 

Mr. Sharkey wrote:
So, THANK YOU phpBB2 Refugees.

You're welcome. icon_smile.gif Saying "Thanks" is all you need to do, much appreciated.

Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 3:33 pm 

I am still around.

robert
Register or Login to Post    Index » Just Getting Started  Previous TopicPrint TopicNext Topic
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT

Jump to:  

Index • About • FAQ • Rules • Privacy • Search •  Register •  Login 
Not affiliated with or endorsed by the phpBB Group